In honor of yesterday’s Super Bowl Sunday, today’s quote is by the well known football coach Vince Lombardi.
All right, it is also in honor of the morning I spent cleaning a tile floor and six giant machines with just a rag.
There are two types of hard work.
1. Hard work that doesn’t have any future. This is probably one of the worst things in life. Many types of work seem like this kind of hard work, but luckily, if you shift your perspective while your sweating and aching, you might find a reason to turn it into the second type of hard work.
2. Hard work that will take you somewhere. This kind of work is not physically easier than the first type. Rather, it is mentally encouraging and the menial grind becomes almost pleasant as you consider what will result from your work. It is equivalent to a “good, honest day’s work”.
To turn work into hard work with a future, I always distract my mind with visions of my future. It’s easy to get lost in that moment of happiness that comes closer with every movement you make.
What is some hard work you have done? How has it paid off for you over time?
Like what you read? Don’t forget to “Like” this page and hit the “Subscribe” button!
- Super Bowl Sunday – The Vince Lombardi Trophy (raymondleejewelersblog.com)
- Super Bowl XLVI: Ten Tips To Make It A Fun Night… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Klis: Patriots’ Bill Belichick isn’t at Vince Lombardi’s level yet (denverpost.com)
- Vince Lombardi trophy goes to the Giants (3news.co.nz)
- Daily Word: Be A Winner!! (allhiphop.com)
- Giants and Packers Linked by Lombardi – New York Times (blog) (fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Concentrate On Your Talents, Not Your Weaknesses! (optionsanimal.com)